EIDE controller is operating outside of normal specifications ??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

theo

For The last two months I get the follow message every time i am switch on my old PC:
Dell's disk monitoring systems has detected that drive 0 on the primary EIDE controller is operating outside of normal specifications. It is advisable to immediately back up your data and replace your hard disk drive by calling your support desk or Dell computer corporation. Strike the F1 key to continue , F2 to run the set up utility.
please help!! :confused:

theo

DaveBurnett said:
This is the self diagnostics in the drive telling you it may be failing.
Still the same message. Why it is taking so long to failing? I have this message more than 2 months? Thank You!

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
It could last ages before giving up altogether, but equally it could fail today. get a new drive and back up you data.

theo

DaveBurnett said:
It could last ages before giving up altogether, but equally it could fail today. get a new drive and back up you data.
thank you for your advice. I am a bit curious as to why when I scan the disk it doesn't find any bad sectors!

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
Because the SMART stuff is saying that it has detected that the signal levels are out of specification (obviously not enough YET to fail).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts