Elderly mouse - time to retire?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

compconfused

My wireless Dell mouse and keyboard that are both five or six years old. I've had occasional problems with the mouse for years, which are getting worse - it freezes or just won't move the cursor properly, and eats up AA's like you wouldn't believe.

Wondering: do mice have an expiration date? Is this one just ready for that big Hardware Home in the Sky?

If I need to replace it, can I keep using the same (so far reliable) keyboard?

Deeply appreciate advice, unfortunately I don't know any true gurus!

Hi,
If your mouse eats batteries and is not working really well, you should get rid of it.
If you want wireless, I think that at least Logitech or Microsoft mouses needs a new batteries only every 6 months (in normal use).
There is no problem with using your old keyboard with new mouse.

compconfused

Thanks Maceman, you have helped me overcome my inner frugalista - a new mouse it is! If mice are only supposed to need new batteries every six months or so, that means that I've spent many times over the cost of a new one already in batteries! Many thanks for the help - Joan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online