Electric Shock from Laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DrBob

Hi all,

I bought a laptop at Comet 32 Days ago which seemed to work fine until today.

I was using it to import music to iTunes and write out a document in Word when all of a sudden I got a shock and saw a spark and the screen went blank. I turned off/on the laptop and it seems to be working :S but I am going to return it.
It's brand is Acer if it means anything - anyone heard of anything simmilar with these laptops?

Question is should I expect a Repair or am I rightly entitled to a refund / swap for another laptop ? because I am very wary of this one and the brand now as this is the only Acer product I have had.

Depends on where you bought it whether they will replace or repair, thirty days most places, or you may need to contact Arcer and ask for a replacement. Tell them you have concerns that the arc may have damaged something else yet may take awhile to rear its ugly head.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online