1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Electric Shock from Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DrBob, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrBob

DrBob Thread Starter

Hi all,

I bought a laptop at Comet 32 Days ago which seemed to work fine until today.

I was using it to import music to iTunes and write out a document in Word when all of a sudden I got a shock and saw a spark and the screen went blank. I turned off/on the laptop and it seems to be working :S but I am going to return it.
    It's brand is Acer if it means anything - anyone heard of anything simmilar with these laptops?

Question is should I expect a Repair or am I rightly entitled to a refund / swap for another laptop ? because I am very wary of this one and the brand now as this is the only Acer product I have had.

2. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

Depends on where you bought it whether they will replace or repair, thirty days most places, or you may need to contact Arcer and ask for a replacement. Tell them you have concerns that the arc may have damaged something else yet may take awhile to rear its ugly head.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!