1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Elgato Game Capture Device PROBLEM with Black Ops 2 [HELPME!]

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by MazeGraffite, Oct 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MazeGraffite

MazeGraffite Thread Starter

When I'm trying to record something in theater mode it looks good and smooth and hd. But when I record it with Elgato it says "deinterlacing" and after that it looks laggy / crappy / not hd. I need to record good Black Ops 2 material with my ps3 / elgato please help me!

I heard that with ps3 you can get the quality better with some other wires, can someone explain how?

If you need anything else like my settings or computer specs please tell me!

I'm using Mac by the way.

-Maze

Please help! :confused::eek::confused:

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Sounds like a configuration issue in your recording software/configuration.

There is no reason to deinterlace the video as it's a progressive signal (ie: 1080P) and you want to record it as a progressive signal (1080P).

As far as cables go, that device doesn't appear to offer an input options. Looks like you should be using an HDMI cable. For the most part, HDMI cables either work or they don't.

3. MazeGraffite

MazeGraffite Thread Starter

Yes but for ps3 you can't use hdmi with elgato. You have to use AV cable I think.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    I don't know as I've not used one.

If you are using the AV cable, and not HDMI, then the signal is likely interlaced, and it's also not 1080P. So lower your capture resolution.

For 720P/1080P you have to use HDMI. The AV output is likely just 480i/P. Check the PS3 User Manual.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1110570

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice