1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Emac mystery

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by zoombini, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoombini

zoombini Thread Starter

Looking for some help folks...maybe Ive missed something simple...

I have an Emac running OS 10.3.7 (128MB RAM, 30G HD, G4) that was running along nicely for 4 months. Then all of a sudden the spinning wheel of death appeared during start-up. It would just keep spinning and wouldn't boot into the OS atall. I zapped PRAM, booted into restore disk and ran disk first aid, then repaired permissions but to no avail. Tried booting into safe mode (didn't work) then tried fsck through single user mode but it just gives me the answer 'no boot volume'. This to me, would suggest a HD failure, however stick with me..........

After trying all of the above, I tried a clean install of the OS. This worked wonders and brought the machine back to life. Therefore, I figured it wasnt a hardware fault but an OS fault? The machine has been working good as new For the last 2 weeks, then all of a sudden the continous spinning wheel has appeared again! Im back to square one.The Emac hardware test disk will not boot from CD either.

Any ideas appreciated...

2. MSY-Houston

MSY-Houston

Still could be the hard disk. You might need to totally reformat that puppy. Or, consider the power supply. Not likely, but ya' never know...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331227

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice