1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Emachine 3.2 GHZ?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by aect, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aect

aect Thread Starter

I am having problems with my 6month old Emachine.

I posted in Games but there was no responce so I'm thinging it should be here.

First of all I have just reinstalled from scratch. XP s/p2 home. I have updated Nview fx5500 from the home page as well as mobo bios and Dirct X9.0c

Removed 18 adware with Lavasoft adware SE and installed my gamer firewall Kerio.

My system hanges and when trying to go into a game, on or off line the mouse seems to stick and moves/updates very slowly. Also the frame rate seems very slow as well.

Also when trying to launch the latest game, Anarcy on line, it gives the error: unable to connect to display drivers:using default
    The game hangs so bad I can't even move.

I really hope something can be done.I have added the bigger vid and more memory in hopes that this would actually run like a 3.2,,seems more like a 700mgz

PLEASE HELP :p

w3506 Emachine Intell [email protected] ghz
    1.5gig Ram
    512down and 2 megs up
    BFG fx 5500 256 vid
    Tired fingers

2. reezin14

reezin14

Try reinstalling the gfx's driver, somehow you may have gotten a corrupted download of the driver.Try it from the top uninstall delete,then reinstall.

3. aect

aect Thread Starter

after trying that and speaking toBFG tech support, they said that any driver after 77.72 would not really help this card. the game however still does the same thing.. At this point I'm thinging a newer express card is in order since I have an express slot.

4. reezin14

reezin14

Yeah, that would let you play what you want, just make sure to check the PSU to make sure that it will power the new gfx's card. Happy Gaming.:D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644529

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice