1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

emachine T1400

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Webmaster, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webmaster

Webmaster Thread Starter

I need to update my BIOS and motherboard.....any suggestions? I've looked all over the internet (including emachines.com), and can't find anything. It is a SantaFe motherboard and a Phoenix 1.02 version BIOS. Thanks!

2. Emtronics

Emtronics

Hello and Welcome to TSG! To update your motherboard, you would replace it. To upgrade the BIOS for your motherboard, the one in your e-machine, is another story. To be frank, there probably is not an upgrade for your BIOS. That's why e-machines (one reason) are so cheap. They make them, using a non-descript MB from a manufacture that makes a model, then throws away the mold, so to speak. You might not be able to ever get a BIOS upgrade for your board. The power supply in most e-machines is anywhere from 120 to 180 watts. For a quality motherboard, a power supply of at least 300 watts is recommended with all today's drives and hardware. The power supply barely does the job in your computer. Bottom line, you have a low end machine that works well but is almost impossible to upgrade.

3. Webmaster

Webmaster Thread Starter

Thanks for the info Emtronics. I have a Gateway downstairs that I guess I will use. It is a great computer, but only has Win98, and my emachine has Xp. I needed the upgrade for a dvd-rw drive I recently installed......but I guess I will put it in the Gateway. Thanks again!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!