1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Emachine T2240 help and advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SillyDad1969, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SillyDad1969

SillyDad1969 Thread Starter

Just recently a friend gave me an Emachine T2240 :) . I need to buy some hardware for it and was wondering if anyone who knew anything about this system could give me some advice before I buy anything :confused: . First off, the specs.

Microsoft WindowsXP
    Intel. Celeron 2.20 GHz
    Intel 845GL chipset
    Intel Extreme Graphics 3D (Intergrated)

I need a hard drive and would like to get an 80 or 100 gig. Any ideas what is best and compatible?

Video card. I'm an recovering online game junkie :D Really though. This is an area I know can cause problems if the wrong card is bought. I would like to play some of the high end graphic games. Same question applies as above.

I'm gonna put about 512 to a gig of ram into this or would like to. Give it a DVD R/WR player and a new power supply. Before I do this though, I would really appreciate any input if it's worth it to spend some cash on this system.

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

The Celeron is going to be a bit of a bottleneck for gaming. Nothing serious but it will hold you back a little. If it has an AGP slot and you upgrade the power supply along with the video card you will be able to game on it. The 512 of ram is a must.

3. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Any IDE hard drive should work. Maxtor, Western Digital, etc.

As far as is it worth it? None of this crap is worth it if you know what I mean.

4. SillyDad1969

SillyDad1969 Thread Starter

It's just showing 3 PCI slot's. Nothing mentioned on the AGP slot.

6 USB 2.0 ports (2 on front), 1 Serial, 1 Parallel, 2 PS/2, Microphone-In & Head Phone jack on front, Audio-In & Out, 3 PCI slots (2 available)

5. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Well without an AGP slot it isn't a gaming machine. You can get PCI video cards but they are much slower.:(

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!