1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Emachine T3418 won't boot

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by stolbert67, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stolbert67

stolbert67 Thread Starter

hello everyone, I hope I have this in the correct section,,I apologize if I don't..
    I have a emachine T3418,which I was using with no problem at all last night, shut it down ,turned it back on this morning and all I'm getting is the "e screen" with the boot option and bios option, BUT- it won't let me choose either one. It just freezes there. I have shut down,restarted,over and over- and nothing new happens,just does the same thing. I haven't made any changes at all,I did change my surge outlet in case that was the problem,but again-nothing..I'm lost at this point at what route to take on it. If there is any help out here for me,please give me some advice-except buy another computer- that's just not possible right now,ha ( seriously though).. PLease hellllp,,,,thanks in advance.merry christmas.;)
    :eek:
    AMD Sempron™ 3400+ processor (64 bit)1
    (2GHz, 1600MHz system bus, 256KB L2 cache) Operating System : Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Home SP2 Chipset : NVIDIA® GeForce® 6100 Memory : 512MB DDR (1 × 512MB), 400MHz (PC3200)
    Expandable to 2GB Hard Drive : 160GB (7200rpm, 2MB cache)3 Optical Drive : 16x multiformat dual-layer DVD±RW
    (Up to 8.5GB with dual-layer media)
    Write max: 16x DVD±R, 6x DVD-RW, 8x DVD+RW, 4x DVD+R DL, 40x CD-R, 24x CD-RW
    Read max: 16x DVD-ROM, 40x CD-ROM Media Reader : 9-in-1 media card reader (Memory Stick®, Memory Stick Pro®, MultiMediaCard™, Secure Digital™, CompactFlash®, MicroDrive, SmartMedia, xD, USB 2.0) Video : NVIDIA® GeForce® 6100 GPU
    Up to 128MB of shared video memory
    PCI Express (PCIe x16) slot available Sound : 6-channel (5.1) AC'97 audio Network : 10/100Mbps integrated Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port) Modem : 56K ITU V.92-ready fax/modem (RJ-11 port) Peripherals : Standard multifunction keyboard, 2-button wheel mouse, amplified stereo speakers Ports/Other : 5 USB 2.0 (1 in digital media manager, 4 in back), VGA external connector, serial port, parallel port, 2 PS/2 ports (keyboard and mouse), 5 audio ports (2 in front, 3 in back)

2. TeDiouSish

TeDiouSish

Hi,

Explain what happens (visually) when you first turn on the computer.

And since you mentioned you shut it down, how did you shut it down?
    Power button, button on back on tower, went to shutdown from windows, etc

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970279

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice