1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

emachines C2280

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by backup808, Jun 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. backup808

backup808 Thread Starter

Heres what happened

I restarted my computer with the restore CD. Now my computer doesn't work. What now shows is a blue screen with this written on it:

STOP: c0000218 {Registry File Failure}
    The registry cannot load the hive (file):
    \SystemRoot\System32\Config\SOFTWARE
    or its log or alternate.

Beginning dump of physical memory
    Physical memory dump complete Contact your sytem
    administrator or technical group for further assistance.

I hope there is someone out there that can help me. Heres some info on my comp: windows xp home edition. Please ask me if there is any other important info that would be helpful in solving this problem.

2. backup808

backup808 Thread Starter

oh nevermind... i found some threads in the forum concerning the same problem

3. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

Well, if there was a time this computer ran with this configuration (what's on the system restore CD), then you most likely have a hardware problem. First thing to check is the hard disk, next would be memory. After that the main board and processor.

Determine the brand of hard disk you have and then download the manufacturer's testing utilities.

If you have two memory sticks, remove one and try again. If the problem perststs, swap chips and try again. If the problem persists, it is most likely not the memory. If you don't have two memory sticks, well, see if you can borrow one of the same type from a friend just for process of elimination.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news; but, e-Machines are not known for their high-quality parts so don't be surprised if you find a really cheezie hard drive in there (Samsung, Fujitsu, Hitachi, etc.).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/141656

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice