1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

eMachines Computer Help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Hockeyboy08, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hockeyboy08

Hockeyboy08 Thread Starter

Hey guys

On my other computer, an Emachine running Windows XP Home Edition. I keep getting tons of blue screen of deaths and I've been trying to run a System Recovery but F8, F10 and F11 are all bringing me to the Safe Mode and etc options.

I can't seem to find a way to run System Recovery on it. Another thing right now is telling me it missing a .exe which I will detail on later.

For now, I'd like any suggestions on how to run a System Recovery on a eMachines Windows XP. Thanks.

2. Lance1

Lance1

Do you have the restore partition? And are you getting a prompt to press F11 on boot up?

3. rodeognome

rodeognome

ok - are you sure a system recovery will solve problem?

- BSOD's are usually
    indicative of a hardware problem....

if you still want to go ahead with a system recovery - my advice would be to get your hands
    on any Windows XP cd that matches the version on your license sticker (to be found on side or back of pc) and setup windows that way. (system recovery on emachines is not reliable)

4. Hockeyboy08

Hey guys. I managed to get a hold of a eMachines recovery disc but that did nothing because I keep getting blue screens of deaths during the recovery. I am getting several errors.

NTLDR is missing.

NTFS.sys is missing or corrupt.

Some blue screen of deaths here and there. Blah blah is missing or corrupt. Can't load in. I have a couple questions:

1. NTFS.sys is missing or corrupt seems to be the main error and the cause for most of the BSOD's. How can I resolve this as I said it seems to be the main error.

2. Should I just fork out the cash and buy a new hard drive for my eMachines Windows XP? What is recommended and where can I buy a decent yet reasonable price? How do I know this drive will go into my Emachines?

5. Old Rich

Old Rich

6. Hockeyboy08

OK thanks I'll take a look soon.

But I'm still wondering about a new hard drive. Would it fix all these missing/corrupt files and blue screen of deaths?

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

A new hard drive with a new Windows installation would obviously resolve this. So would reinstalling on the existing drive.

8. Hockeyboy08

I can't though. Any time I try to run a installation or recovery it gets interrupted and has to restart due to a blue screen of death.

9. Old Rich

Old Rich

Which may be caused by bad Capicitors . . . have you looked at them?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!