1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Emachines E627 Laptop screen issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xLIAMx, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xLIAMx

xLIAMx Thread Starter

So my sisters laptop which will be around 3 years old runs windows 7. The issue started where it would beep on startup I never knew about this till now but anyways it would bootup fine and work etc till a week ago the screen went dead while in use and would not come back on. So i tried it myself and it would not work it powers up and the fan works but no screen so I plugged it into a tv via the blue socket and it came on the screen of the tv and the laptop I used the laptop as normal for the rest of the day then again the screen went dead. I tried the tv cable and get no picture on either, I took the ram out and put in different slots to no avail the screen dont come on at all. I pulled the laptop to bits for something to do and cannot see anything loose. Any help would be great. Just to add it no longer beeps everything powers up except the screen

2. xLIAMx

xLIAMx Thread Starter

I am currently at work but any suggestions of what could be causing this would help me greatly and I'd be able to try them when I get in etc, any common faults with Emachines laptops? I've tried it without ram in at all it still don't work.

3. dai

dai

if you cannot get a picture on a external screen the video chip would be suspect

you are using it on a hard flat surface?

4. xLIAMx

xLIAMx Thread Starter

Yes Hard flat table, see what makes me think is the fact it came back on the first time when I plugged an external device (TV) I think that's what's tripping me up, now it won't come on at all but the fan kicks in etc, thanks for you're help. Also if anyone could point me in the right direction to get one of these video things I'd be greatful.

5. dai

dai

if it is the chip it means a new m/board if thats the case most find it more economical to just replace the laptop

shine a strong light onto the screen and see if you see anything

6. xLIAMx

xLIAMx Thread Starter

Thanks for your help, does anyone else have anything I could try I'm gonna have a look at the price of a motherboard, its only 3 years old at max and hasn't really had hard usage I couldn't understand it dying already thanks

7. xLIAMx

xLIAMx Thread Starter

Also when I shine a light into the screen I can't see anything when its turned on, I took all the screen covers off and looked at the backlight and its not turning on with the laptop but I don't think any of the video part is, can anyone confirm this is a motherboard, or anyone with the same issue, on ebay a second hand working one is around 50 quid or should I sell the laptop for parts and get a good second hand one?

8. dai

dai

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083463

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice