1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

eMachines EL1333G-01w CPU Upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by YaVoot, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YaVoot

YaVoot Thread Starter

Hi, I noticed there was a post by member visschan titled
    Solved: eMachines EL1333G-01w CPU Upgrade HELP please!
    Basically member was typing to find an upgrade CPU for EL1333G-01w

I also have the same machine and was enthused that there was an upgrade path. I did the same research on the CPUs and ended up purchasing a Athlon Neo X2 6650e which is a 35W dual core CPU. I was after the lowest power CPU I could get since the machine is on most of the day.

Well I did the installation and powered on. The CPU runs but hangs as it tries to boot Windows. I read that the BIOS might need upgrading before changing a CPU core. Anyone know if its a BIOS issue or is the 6650e different to say 5050e or 4850e?

Any help Appreciated.

2. YaVoot

YaVoot Thread Starter

Some more information on this issue:

The BIOS is Phoenix-Award version P01-A4. It has a release date of 12/17/2009. I checked around and as far as I could make out that's the latest for this machine. The BIOS does run. everything looks normal at that stage.

I make a bootdisk with this ISO "X17-59465.iso" and tried to boot from that. it loads files, then comes up with the "Starting Windows" screen but that's as far as it gets.....it just hangs on that screen

If I pop the 2850e CPU that was originally in it back in it behaves normally. Evidence is that the 6650e is running ie its not DOA.

the search continues

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084241

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice