Emachines el1352 flashing green light & not powering up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

seshgremlin

My computer displayed a blue screen with a smiley emoji with the error message saying it had encountered an error & needed to gather more information and restart. After this i have been unable to power it up & the green light at the power switch blinks on & off approx every 2-3 seconds. Any help would be appreciated as im a journalist & depend on my computer for work.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The error is often encountered during updates when the updates fail or on older systems - the windows update causes problems with hardware and drivers that were not compatible with 10
However the blinking of the power light suggests that there is either a power error or the computer is now trying to wake from sleep
As a first step,
disconnect all external devices except monitor keyboard and mouse.
disconnect power cord, hold down power button on tower for a full 20 seconds
Leave any external drives, usb drives, printer etc, disconnected
reconnect power and try to power up.

If that does not work I will give you the next step when you reply

seshgremlin

Hi thank you for your response. I have tried the steps you suggested & also found a loose ram chip which i secured. Now the green light has stopped flashing & the computer seems to have powered up however im not receiving any signal to the tv I use instead of a monitor. It was working away this morning as normal & I can hear the hard drive & fans etc working but I know have the message on my screen saying no signal through pc using the same vga cable I always do. I have plugged in my keyboard to attempt to wake up the computer however the keyboard doesn't seem to be working with it. I'm at a loss as i have work to do (im a journalist) any further help would be appreciated thanks

seshgremlin

My daughter in law has fixed it, she put a new hand drive with windows 10 in & I'm going to reinstall all my software. Luckily I have published most of my work unfortunately I have lost a LOT of press released & personally sent from bands albums & EPs have been lost. These were precious to me, so could I ask for your help one more time please? Could you tell me if there's any way I could recover the data stored on my hard drive which failed to start?

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It is very unusual for a ram stick to become loose, unsecured in its slot
and then the drive problem
has the computer had some form of knock, severe jolt or somehow fallen over

Recovery of the data depends on what the damage or coprruption is to the drive
Is it a spinning hard drive or a solid state drive
On an aside note with such vital data it is imperative to maintain a backup on an external drive connected usb

seshgremlin

I looked around at data recovery software & when i found one i was happy with (Stellar Data Recovery,) I ran the program, scanned the drive & then managed to recover about 85% of my data. I went out a walk earlier out of frustration & after the new hard drive was installed & Windows 10 was installed I was clear minded enough to research data recovery on corrupted hard drives. Knowledge gained & my new hard drive is running like a champion. Thank you for your time & assistance,

Jojo

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts