1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

emachines el1360g running windows 7 inexplicably slow

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by itskeiser, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. itskeiser

itskeiser Thread Starter

I currently use an emachines el1360g desktop. Full specs here:
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit pre-installed w/CoA
    AMD Fusion Dual-Core E-300 1.3 GHz "Zacate" (40 nm) processor
    2 x 512 KB L2 cache
    AMD A45 Fusion chipset
    2 GB DDR3 RAM (8 GB maximum)
    250 GB SATA hard drive
    DVD±RW SuperMulti drive
    Integrated AMD Radeon HD6310 graphics
    Integrated audio
    Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
    Multi-in-one digital media card reader

I bought this off someone who had purchased a week prior,but sold it cheap to pay rent-I live in a college type area and this happens now and again. Everything was in great condition and all I added was a new litescribe dvd burner. Since the first time I started it up, it has run incredibly slow. While I am aware its processor is nothing fantastic, it had specs loads better than my old desktop yet runs much slower. My main use is simple web browsing and word processing, using mainly chrome and ms office. Any more than 4 tabs open on chrome with no other programs up and it starts to crawl. If I have multiple programs open,say chrome with office, it goes even slower, I've run the diagnostics windows includes and everything looks fine but yet it still goes incredibly slow.
    I ran the repair disk to no effect, and my next step was to reinstall 7, or drop down to either vista or xp. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if more info is needed!

EDIT: Also ran several malware/virus scans using malwarebytes, avst, norton, etc. All scans came back clean

2. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie

First Name:
    Serena
    Have you turned off all the bells and whistles and stopped to many things from running in the background when booting up?

Cleaned out cookies etc, Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System and then click on advanced system settings, or look at msconfig and turn off some software from running in the background when booting up, (don’t touch anything you don’t know what it is,) don’t stop things like antivirus running etc but things like adobe, Microsoft Office etc do not need to run in the background till you open them.

3. rainforest123

rainforest123

What happens if you uninstall the light scribe software & disconnect the power & data cables from the light scribe? THEN, use a system restore point before the light scribe was installed.

If improvement occurs, connect the data & power cables. Wait before re-installing any software.

Edit:
    Welcome to Tech Guy.
    end edit.

RF123

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    It's running Windows 7 Home Premium(64-bit), so you should take advantage of that by maxing it out with 8 GB of RAM.

http://www.crucial.com/upgrade/eMachines-memory/eMachines+Desktops/EL1360G-upgrades.html

------------------------------------------------------

It's impossible to get rid of all the "debris" and problems from its previous owner(s), so you should consider doing a clean reinstall and getting a fresh start with it.

------------------------------------------------------

5. itskeiser

itskeiser Thread Starter

I added the dvd burner in place of the existing burner about 2 months into owning it. Before that it was still running just as slow so the dvd burner should be ok.

Every time it hits a heavy lag, I ran task manager, yet nothing hit higher than usual in cpu usage. Ran msconfig,turned off what could be turned off,got rid of the pretty effects and appearances, still left with a lag

6. rainforest123

rainforest123

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085877

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice