1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

emachines mobos

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kerri Ann, Jan 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann Thread Starter

does anyone know how emachines mobos are with upgrading the processors? i have a couple of .... well i guess they could be considered barebone systems...
    i have (2) 400i3, (1) 466id, and (1) 366id.
    the motherboards don't have any model numbers that i can find, but they are all socket 370.
    does anyone know if i could maybe upgrade the cpus, to a pentium, or even a faster celeron?

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Since faster cpu's may also have higher power requirements and emachines skimps on the power supplies anyway, I wouldn't recommend upgrading them at all. Even if you tried, the bios may not support it. Emachines are built to be disposable.

3. McTimson

McTimson

Try running the 466 in one of the other ones, and see if it works.

But yea, the power supply is a big issue, I have a 766id, and it has a 105W power supply.

4. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann Thread Starter

wow, 105W? that's so lame! the 466id has a 120, still lame...
    i should have phrased my question a bit differently, i don't actually have any cpus, any components that were worth a dime were stripped from them. my friend owns one of them, she brought it to me after taking it to a friend of a friend to fix it for her- when she picked it up, it weighed alot less than when she dropped it off.
    i hadn't told her how bad it really is- she knows nothing about computers, so i told her i would try to fix it for her. i left my house on a search for free parts to similar systems, and came up with the same parts i already had- times 4.

5. spaceman_333

spaceman_333

Howdy,

You should be able to find the info that you want at the address below:

http://www.e4all.info

I believe that you can upgrade to Celeron 533Mhz on the boards that you mentioned with no problem.

Good luck.

Spaceman

6. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann Thread Starter

wow, thanx spaceman. that site is unbelievably helpful. it answers every question i had! plus more....
    thanks so much!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!