1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

emachines onboard video replacement

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BAP, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BAP

BAP Thread Starter

I have a emachines T6536, with M/B MS7207, onboard video flaky, need to install PCI-e video card, and it will not display image on monitor, when installed.
    Removed onboard video from Device Manager and checked BIOS for disabling onboard. Can't find any.
    Any suggestions?

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

What are the power ratings displayed on the decal on the side of your machine's power supply? What is the EXACT make and model of the graphics card you are trying to install?

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

I would almost surely bet your psu is inadequate for virtually any added video card on a psu so we need to get Win2K's questions answered.

4. BAP

BAP Thread Starter

Hello and thanks for your quick response questions!
    I have a Bestec ATX 300 12E power supply, with an output of 300 watts max and input of 100-127 V at 6 amps.
    The graphics card is a Zotac Nvidia GeForce 7200 GS PCI-e 16 and has 256 MB.

Hope this helps advance any advice you can offer.
    BAP

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

Well I don't think the issue is the video card then much as the psu is junk, that card should run. Was it bought new?

6. BAP

BAP Thread Starter

Yes, the Zotac video card is brand new.
    BAP

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/956608

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice