1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

eMachines Restore CD, Help info for legal battle

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by JohnPhoenix, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnPhoenix

JohnPhoenix Thread Starter

Hi!

I need some tech savy guy or girl to please provide me with a list of features that would be non functioning in a Windows XP Home Restore CD (Norton Ghosted with bundled software) as opposed to a fully functioning store bought Windows XP Home Edition CD.

I know some restore features are missing, and some maintenance features are missing.

Basicly, any feature that a win XP CD ask you to put the CD in the drive for.

Since I only have a Restore CD that has a ghosted copy of Windows XP Home edition on it, I cannot use these features. I need a list of them as documentation for my lawyer so we can get the company to cough up a real Win Xp CD

You see, my beef is that I paid for a fully functioning Windows XP Home edition software from emachines. Because the CD is ghosted and some features are not accessable They are illegaly providing me with a scaled down product. It just takes a court to make the company liable for this. There is nothing in their EULA that reflect that I paid for anything other than a fully functioning version of Win XP Home.

Microsoft agrees with me, that I didn't get what I paid for, but since they sold eMachines the licence to redistribute the software, it is out of their hands, and eMachines refuses to provide me for that which I paid.

Can someone please help provide me with this list?

Thank You!
    John Phoenix
    [email protected]

P.S. If you have the restore CD from emachines and you feel this way also, please e-mail me. There are strength in numbers. We cannot let the big companies deny us the right to have that which we paid for.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218427

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice