1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

eMachines with Win XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by AbleDog, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AbleDog

AbleDog Thread Starter

I would like to replace the WinXP with Win2000 Pro, but It is my understanding that eMachines specifically looks for the XP op sys and this is not possible. Comments?

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

Not sure where you got that, the box doesn't care what the OS is.

3. AbleDog

AbleDog Thread Starter

I was told on another forum that the eMachine is OS specific. I've had nothing but trouble with this system and I do have Win2000 pro which I think is a very good op sys.

I realize what you are saying is normally the case, but I want to be sure before I go ahead. This is the first system I have bought "out of the box", I have always built them from scratch or updated MB, chips etc. Never again.

4. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

You got bad info - look at their web site http://www.e4me.com/

"eMachines recommends Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional"

recommends not mandates

5. Rosebud6

Rosebud6

No PC is OS specific. You can load anything yo uwant on any machine as long as it has the hardware and power to support it.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/300652

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice