1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

emachines

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kellyr, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kellyr

kellyr Thread Starter

Hi, I have my sisters pc here, trying to fix it for her, it is an emachine T4160, she has had it for a couple yrs now, anyway, I have reformatted her harddrive for her, but when I try to use the restore cd, when it is complete and reboots, I get this error:
    technical information:
    STOP
    0XF9677640,0XC0000034,0X00000000,0X00000000
    I even went as far as to load windows 98 in it, and everything loads, but it came with xp home edition, and I want to put it back in for her, but I don't have xp home, I have xp pro, anyway, I can't find any help from www.emachines.com, what to do?

2. trouduc

trouduc

There should be more to the STOP error. Does it not reference a module? Can you boot to safe mode? Because by owning that computer/restore CD, you own a license to XP Home, you can install from a normal XP home CD (copied from a friend for example).

3. kellyr

kellyr Thread Starter

Yes, it said a lot more, but don't remember what all it said, then of course there were all those numbers. I talked with a guy from emachines.com, but everything they wanted me to they, I already had, still same thing. Anyway, I don't know anyone who has a cd for windows xp home.
    But thanks for taking the time to answer, I just put 98se on it, she will have to make do. I think she might have a boot virus or something, I told her to get a new harddrive.By the way, I couldn't even go to safe mode, though it gave me the option to, when I tried it, a bunch of stuff showed up, like command prompts or something.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/390825

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice