email alert

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

drafter

I have recently got a cable modem hooked up and one of the reasons was so I was online all the time and I would know the instant I had email. The only problem is that when I get email it is just a little icon down in the bottom right corner. I would like an alert that fills the whole screen when email comes in. Does anybody know where I can get something like this. Thanks

I dont know about that but you can have sound when you recieve mail i just turn my volume up when im online

I'm looking at OE6 right now but should be similar. Tools>Options, General tab - do you see the option to Play Sound when new message arrive? You'd need to have your speakers on.
Outlook has the option to pop up a message but OE doesn't.

You also need to go into the control panel/ sounds and set up the sound for the email.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online