1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

email apparetly hacked...

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by mooremcoJ, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mooremcoJ

mooremcoJ Thread Starter

Three days ago my ability to send or forward emails from my Yahoo account was strangled - I sent an inquiry to Yahoo and got both an incident report number and a response that strongly suggested they thought I had been spamming, and that things should return to normal after 48 hours - (the email to Yahoo did go through) - after another two days I sent another email to them and was told the problem should be "fixed" in 24 hours - since then, I have not heard from them and still cannot send an email - fast forward to today...I called a "Yahoo customer support number" posted on he internet and learned my email has been hacked from a foreign country and thousands and thousands of emails are being sent from it - the solution was to hire them to fix the problem for about US$500 - certainly a scam, but I did not know it - during the process the tech guy asked to take conrol of my computer, and of course, I did - so...can anyone tell me anything I can do to get my email privileges back and stop whatever bad stuff the tech installed - my AVG virus protection is 100% up t date...Thanks!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!