1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Email attachment move to Word

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Njs82, Nov 16, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Njs82

Njs82 Thread Starter

Windows 10 hp laptop + iPhone.
    Please I’m losing the will to live I have tried several google suggestions but to no avail .I have a business plan which opens in excel it Is also an email attachment .It is in Word but is slightly transparent and can not select it ? HOW do I open this in word ?

2. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    What is the extension on the file?

If you can't see that you'll need to disable "hide extensions of known file types"

Click HERE for a guide on how to do that.

Then save the attachment as a word document. Depending on the version of word you can name it "Your file Name.DOC" or "Your File Name. DOCX"

Lastly make sure that Word is the default program to open such documents.

HERE's how.

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I wanted to make sure:

You have an email of a file that is an excel file, and you want to view it in Word?
    You also mention your iPhone... are you trying to open this file on your phone?

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

An Excel file opens with Excel, not Word. On an iphone, there is a Excel app available in the Store.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235768

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice