1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

email attachment

Discussion in 'General Security' started by spav777, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spav777

spav777 Thread Starter

I am running Windows 2000 and using OE6 email client. I sent an email to a friend today and she wrote back saying that the message I'd sent her had an attachment named:

Certification_.txt (265B)

I did not attach anything to the message I sent her. Is this some sort of virus? I regularly do spyware, adware, virus scans, etc. It's weird that this is happening. I searched this attachment name on Google and found nothing that would suggest this is anything bad, but still it shouldn't be attaching itself to emails I send. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Susan

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

What antivirus and version are you running ? I seem to remember some old version of an antivirus adds stuff to outgoing emails saying that the email is certified clean.

3. spav777

spav777 Thread Starter

I am using AVG anti-virus free, version 9 (it's supposed to be the most recent version). Could that be it? It seems weird that it would add an attachment to each email I send out. Most of them just put a little message at the bottom of the email.

4. spav777

spav777 Thread Starter

Hey, another thing you might be able to help me on ... many times when I send out an email, it sends TWO messages instead of just the one. I am only sending once, so why would this happen? I've used either Thunderbird or OE6, and it happens with both of them.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920520

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice