1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Email Attachments Won't Download

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by susanlprince, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. susanlprince

susanlprince Thread Starter

I am having trouble receiving attachments from one specific senders email address when the mail is CCd to multiple recipients. The CCd people get the attachments just fine.

When the sender resends the attachment only to my address, I get the attachment just fine. The problem seems to stem from the fact that the attachment is originally sent to multiple addresses.

Some specs:

Windows XP SP2
    Norton Antivirus/Internet Security 2003
    Outlook Express
    I use Mailwasher too

This is what I have done to try to solve the problem so far, with no success.

1. In OE I unchecked the "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" box in the Options/Security tab.

2. Configured Norton Internet Security to identify the senders address as "not spam".

Other things to note:

In Mailwasher when the email is showing in the que at the server, an attachment is indicated. When I download it to Outlook Express, there is no attachment.

I use a bellsouth.net email address and Bellsouth does have a mailguard program. I thought maybe it was blocking it, but I tried sending attachments to my own address while CC other addys and was able to download it fine then too. Weird.

I'm looking for other ideas to try to get this problem resolved.

Thanks so much for your time!

2. Pegasus

Pegasus

I ran a search on this forum and found yours. I'm having the same problem. Except I'm running NSW 2004. I've been trying to figure it out for some time now.

3. susanlprince

susanlprince Thread Starter

I only have the trouble when attachments come from one source, from other sources the attachments arrive just fine.

I haven't found the answer just yet, and it's driving me crazy!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276687

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice