1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

email blocking / spam

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kevin4564, Nov 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevin4564

kevin4564 Thread Starter

Can anyone help I am using Microsoft Outlook but every two or three months it stops receiving e-mails. I was told by my Internet supplier to go to [email protected] and type in a certain part of my email address and password and this will show all e-mails sat on the server waiting to come to my computer. They were certainly right I had 999 emails all spam! They start with ***spam*** <then the heading> it takes me forever to delete these e-mails but when I do delete them all, I start to receive my legitimate messages. I have since been back in to the site and I am getting a build up of e-mails again (200 odd) all starting with ***spam*** just another point when this site is full i.e. 999 messages - all messages after that amount are lost never to be found even my legitimate stuff. Can anyone tell me how to stop these messages sitting there and blocking my e-mails I would rather let them through to my computer and delete or bounce them back with my anti virus and anti spam software installed on my commuter.

Many Thanks in advance

Kevin

2. Arky

Arky

This something your ISP is doing. Their mail server apparently has a spam filter and should provide you with an easy way to clear the junk box. In fact, they should be either doing it for you or stop filtering entirely. Hotmail does it and your ISP should also.

A very good filtering program is DigiPortal's Choice Mail. A free version is available. Works with any of the common e-mail programs. Learns as it is used.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/299954

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice