1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Email client - Specific Needs

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Metaphoric, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metaphoric

Metaphoric Thread Starter

Hi,

I am in a need of an email client (outlook/thunderbird etc) with specific features,

I have several domain names and email accounts that take ages to administer - but if i use outlook / thunderbird I end up with a mailbox for every account - or the emails seems to not download from servers with the same mail address, and inadvertantly get lost! e.t.c

Like software that would allow me to specify many email account locations and usernames/passwords, let me apply various statuses and groups to them - in more of a central way than outlook will let me:

Visnetic Mailflow:
    http://www.deerfield.com/products/visnetic-mailflow/

is similar to what i have in mind, but much larger and feature packed than I need for myself.
    I dont mind if the software has to run as a server (i.e. using it as a localhost website).

I'd prefer not to run a mail server as i can't guarantee my computer will be on all the time (dont want to change the MX record but then loose mail when my connection is down). Is there another way to run a server that wont result in lost mail?

Does anyone have any suggestions,
    Please ask if you need further response, I know i've waffled quite a bit,

EDIT: I might be getting to the point when a mail server is better - i would still like to be able to read my new emails when im not at home - so when i am at work i can still view any new or existing emails. So either using some web based software i can access through my dynamicDNS IP and have installed at home - or just use software that supports IMAP.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Free / Opensource is key

2. Metaphoric

Metaphoric Thread Starter

I've settled for using Thunderbird with IMAP for now.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486229

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice