1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

email client

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by lschul, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

I just upgraded my OS from Vista to Windows 7, somehow I didn't upgrade the email client...I remember seeing something about it but it is not there. I just tried to email a company from their website and I got the error that the client is not installed. How do I get that?

I use gmail for my email but since this particular website doesn't have an email submission form, it needs the mail client to open to give me the address. Please help.

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

W7 does not come with an email client, you have to install one of your choice.

I use Windows Mail Live.

http://download.live.com/wlmail

the installer has a bunch of other software bundled, I just choose the email client.

3. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

Thanks, I chatted with HP and have it now. But, it wants me to put in all the gmail stuff,etc and I just use the gmail web client for all my emails rather than an email client such as this. But the problem is this, I was on a website of a company, wanted to email them and when I hit their email button,I got an error because the computer wanted to open the mail client. I ended up right clicking and selecting copy shortcut and it works. I just wonder if I get the email client all set up if it will just open a new mail window like before or if it will try to download all my emails. If you want to try yours...go to www.longmontdairy.com and select contact then send email and see what happens. It should just open a new mail window for you I am assuming...

4. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

Outlook Express (pre Vista), because Windows Mail (Vista), which became Windows Live Mail (WLM), part of Windows Live Essentials. You can set up WLM to work with Gmail just as you did with Windows Mail (it's actually the same program).

Internet Explorer uses whatever you have set (Tools, Internet Options, Programs, Internet Programs) for mail as what it opens when you click on a mail link.

Courtney

5. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

You can set most email clients to never download emails, or you can just omit the incomming mail server from the account configuration, then it cannot for any reason download emails for that account.

6. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

Courtney, for some reason I don't believe i ever set WM to work, it just did that way. I just went into the internet programs where you directed me to, I chose IE for the default but the mail program still works the same way - with the error. Mumbodog I will try what you say as well.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/877783

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice