Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Email Configurations and MSN Chat problems

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  elnnan 
#1 ·
I have 2 PC's networked, both using the internet on Broadband, everything works well through AnalogX Proxy, except email configurations on PC2, it will not send or receive emails. I have tried all configurations. Any ideas!! The other problem I have come across is using MSN both PC's can access messenger, but only PC1 can access the chat rooms. The chatroom software downloads to PC2, but after a period of "connecting to server please wait" a msg comes up reading "Network problems are stopping you for using MSN Chatrooms. Please try again later". This has happened for the last week, yet immediately using PC1 the chatrooms can be accessed without any delay. Can anyone explain? Thanks...

#3 ·
Hi thanks for the reply. PC'2 has my daughters profile on msn, and PC2 only uses the chatrooms. PC1 uses messaging only. PC2 can use messanger too. But do u think i should delete the temp. internet folders on both PC's just in case? I use Internet Explorer 6 and Win. 98. Any help would be appreciated.

#5 ·
Thanks for replying... Yes both the pop3 and smtp are set to on, and I have double checked all the settings in outlook express. I have managed to send emails occasionally, however I have not been able to receive any on PC2. I have to say PC1 works well and accesses the internet messenger etc. with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.