1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

email direct from Word

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ronaar, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ronaar

ronaar Thread Starter

I use Office XP with Win XP with Outlook express on my desktop. This suits me as I can use the email recipient function to send a copy of a word doc as it appears on the screen

I had the same setup on my laptop but since changing to windows 7 the send to recipient icon is grayed out.
    I recently changed my email client on the laptop to Thunderbird.

I would like to use the send to recipient but have read that some files have been not been included in windows 7.

Please can anyone help me to resolve my problem?

2. Rockn

Rockn

3. ronaar

ronaar Thread Starter

Many thanks for your reply Rockn.

I had already assumed that your suggestion would be required and this had been done.

I think my prob is that the 'send to recipient' icon is not available (greyed out).
    I came across a reference to this some time past which blamed Windows 7 for not including the files to open the email client directly from Word. I am sure that one of the files had the word 'agent' in the name but was unable to write the details down at the time but it was certainly stated that the files were not part of windows 7 and would have to be added manually.

Perhaps this may jog someones memory.

4. Rockn

Rockn

5. ronaar

ronaar Thread Starter

Sorry for not responding earlier.

I'm afraid I took the easy way out and after reading an article I installed Outlook.

This solved the problem right away but may have created another.

My ISP is BT and since installing outlook I have been getting regular errors like 'Re-enter your password' and 'verify your username'.

Looking on the BT forums there are hosts of users with the same problems and it is believed to be something to do with Yahoo and authentication but as is normal BT seem to be looking the other way.

On my laptop I still have Thundebird and the messages have now started to appear there too and also on my desktop with outlook express. I also have a non bt email address on both machines
    which use different servers and it is appearing to cause the same problem.

Thanks for your help and if anyone has an answer to the the latest, please join in.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026525

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice