1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

email error activex

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by fwjo, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fwjo

fwjo Thread Starter

I try to send email with action, singing, etc. from smile pop and I get this mesg. Your security setting prohibits running active x control on this page. Picture will not be displayed. Where do I go to fix this? I sent this last night and never got an answer. Busy night!!! Thanks

2. bandit429

bandit429

Have you tried to lower your security settings in I E?

What version of I E are you using and which windows? Are you sending your mail with outlook express?

3. fwjo

fwjo Thread Starter

I am new at this, I have a hp Pavilion me ,Microsoft IE Outlook express, Where do you go to check the security settings?

4. bandit429

bandit429

Go to start,,,,,settings,,,,,control panel then click the icon for internet options. When it opens click the security tab. Where is the slider bar set?

5. fwjo

fwjo Thread Starter

I found the settings with active x and two are ckecked disabled, theyare in custom security settings. Unsigned activex is checked and initialize script actx marked not safe.

6. fwjo

fwjo Thread Starter

I found no slider bar

7. bandit429

bandit429

Right,,Ummmmm I cant guide you here,, You will have to decide for yourself if you want to do that or not, even a quick test could turn out bad,,even if I knew which program you were trying to use for the email add on,,,and I still dont know which windows. Might be a good idea to backup if you decide to do that.

8. fwjo

fwjo Thread Starter

If this helps, Under internet properties under security, trusted sites is checked and restricted sites is not. I think this is in the place of a slider bar. you can go from here to custom and un check this

9. EvileYe

EvileYe

Allowing unsigned Active x controls to run, is basically like inviting a hacker in. Your best bet is to set them to prompt and then decide yourself if you want to allow them to run.

10. fwjo

fwjo Thread Starter

I have avg antivirus . If I run them this should help with problems , right. And thanks for your help, I~m done

11. fwjo

fwjo Thread Starter

someone reply, got ot go

12. bandit429

bandit429

fwjo,, Im sorry,,,,,I can't reply advising you to do that. I am one person only but thats not safe in my opinion,,,,,how is it possible to even guess with the thousands of mail programs,,all the windows versions? your asking alot of ppl to give good advice with no information.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172962

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice