1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Email error in Outlook 2003/Critical!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by sailoff, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sailoff

sailoff Thread Starter

I labeled this "Critical" in the title because this problem affects my livelihood. As an independent sales contractor I work with many different companies and use their incoming and outgoing mail setting on their servers.
    I keep getting an "550 Relaying not allowed" message. I know this means that I'm connecting via one ISP, but using an email server belonging to another ISP. It does not seem to make any difference what setting I use, 90% of the time my emails are returned to me. They may or may not go through if I resend at a later time. I also get the same error message if I use Mozilla Thunderbird.
    The IT guy at one company I work with is no help at all.
    Anyone have thoughts on how I might proceed from here on correcting this problem.

Win XP Pro
    Office 2003

2. sboatcruise

sboatcruise

I too have a continuous problem with rejected e-mails from the system administrator stating 550 Relay not permitted on 208.66.120.7 and 72.168.194.125. This seems to happen randomly at anytime. Sometimes, I am able to unplug my rounter and cable connection or reboot my machine and e-mails will go through. Today, nothing helps. My ISP, Go-Daddy says it is the company providing my high speed internet service and that companies says it is Go-daddy doing it. A systems guy told me that my ISP is randomly assigning IP addresses and they are on a Spammer Prohibited list. That is why they are being rejected. I was told that Verizon was sued over doing this and that we should request a permanent IP address. Not sure if we can do that. In the meantime, I have not gotten any answers and continue to loose all kinds of productivity. Makes me want to throw the whole thing out.

3. sailoff

sailoff Thread Starter

I can't tell you if I cured the problem or it just went away, but I no longer have this issue. All is well with my e-mails now. Wish I could tell you how this has been rectified, but I can't.
    Good Luck!

4. chuckeee

chuckeee

One way to permanently put an end to the frustration is to use an external SMTP server, independent of any ISP (in other words it'll work from anywhere) such as SMTP2Go at www.smtp2go.com.
    Most such services seem to charge a fee of around $10 a month, although SMTP2Go costs only about $2 per month (or $24 per year).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540761

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice