1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Email forms not taking email address

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Roseville, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Roseville

Roseville Thread Starter

Whenever I try to send information to a site via their email forms, I get "You have not entered a valid email address". This could be in placing an order or just to send information to a customer service dept. I have tried on Internet Explorer and Avant browsers and even used another computer. I am using XP in a Dell computer. Any ideas?

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Are you entering a valid e-mail address that contains the @ symbol and a ".com", ".net", etc. suffix? Some people mistakenly just enter the username part of an e-mail address.

If you're entering your e-mail address correctly, the only explanation for the same problem on multiple browsers on multiple computers is that there's a problem with the site.

3. Roseville

Roseville Thread Starter

Yes I am using @ and .net. I have checked and rechecked many times but the valid address is still referred to as "not a valid email address".

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Does this only happen with one particular site? If so, then the site has a problem.

5. Roseville

Roseville Thread Starter

This happens at multiple sites. I have had trouble with the QVC customer service forms, many other retail sites or just trying to refill my prescriptions at the drugstore.

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Multiple computers, multiple sites, multiple browsers rules out nearly everything except user error. Maybe someone else has an idea.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/819575

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice