1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

email from hotn/tech guy

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by crellin, Jan 24, 2002.

Advertisement
  1. crellin

crellin Thread Starter

Received an email stating that I had no posted on this board in over a year and am about to be delete. Please check your records as I did. Most recent post 1-1-02 and 12-19-01. Also on the development side 11/30 and 1010. Please reply.

2. RandyG

RandyG

Hi Java,

Is it possible that before you registered in Jan 01, you had registered under a different username, and forgotten about it?

That would still send you a mail, but would probably refer to your old username.

Just wondering.

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65623 to see Mike's intentions about this.

3. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Java, we already worked this out... Read the email again. It was sent to your first account, "Java 15", which hasn't posted in a year... NOT to your current account, "Java".

4. crellin

crellin Thread Starter

Got an email from Mike and apparently when I first got on the board if was under java 15 at a different email, he has it straightened out. I am still on board. Person would be a fool not to use this board for intelligent tech inf. One question if you can answer, I usually posted to bhesson is he not on board anymore? If you can answer. Thanks for jumping in and helping much appreciated. One other question, I have posted about my cheap apollo printer and have sent several emails to them about it. All they want to tell me is that I shouldn't use refills and it is no longer under warranty. A cartridge of ink would cost more than was paid for this bubble printer. The problem is that cartridge apparently ran out of dried, put in new ink and now it does print at all, so something happened. I when checked the installation box all instructions is in german, don't read german. So here i sit with a funky printer. Does anyone know how to get them to respond sensibly?:confused:

5. RandyG

RandyG

Hi Java,

bhesson is still here (thank God) but is going by Bryan now! He has been elevated to the exalted rank of Moderator, in recognition of his advanced years, I mean years of service!:D

As to the Printer cartirge that dried out, and has now been refilled, but still doersn't work . . . I'm betting the dried up ink has plugged all the holes. I do not know of any other solution, other than buying a new cartridge. You should be able to find a noname brand that is compatible.

6. crellin

crellin Thread Starter

Have been out of service several days. Just got your reply to my post. Thanks for the information on Bryan, don't mean to put any one above someone else but he has helped me immensely in the past, glad he is still on board. Also, you anwer on the printer made sense. Got a new cartridge and it works fine. I wonder if in your opinion on anyone that might have an opinon, is it a good policy not to refill the hp cartridges? Apollo will say know, but I did refill the only one several times, got refills from a place in Florida, what you do is take the cap off the old cartridge and replace it with new caps(so to speak). While I don't do a lot of printing the hp cartridges cost 26 bucks for b/w and and 33 bucks for tri colors and they do not last Long. I have seen refill kits for black and white, in which you use a needle and push it in you cartridge to refill. Thanks again, nice to get friendly replies.

7. RandyG

RandyG

No need to beat around the bush. Bryan is indispensible for all of us.:D

As to refilling cartridges, I never have, but others tell me it is just as good. My brother has been trying to decide whether he is going to buy one of those syringe injector kits from Sam's.

I'm sure others here have done it, and maybe if you post this question in it's own topic, you will get more replies. The subject line of this thread would not lead many people to come take a look, but I'm nosy, and wanted to see what email you got from Mike!;)

8. crellin

crellin Thread Starter

Will post seperate thread.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66262

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice