1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Email hilighted in green

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by buf, Sep 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buf

buf Thread Starter

Friend sent me an email that was hilighted in green. I inquired as to how she did it and she said she just copied and pasted the email and sent it to me. I tried to c/p and send it to myself but the print is black. Am I missing "something" or is there a setting that I would need to make in order to c/p any color email or item?
    My friend is an AOL dialup user, if that matters. And as usual, TIA.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

What e-mail client software are you using?

You need to set your software to allow HTML for sending mail, otherwise you will only get black, as the HTML gets stripped to plain text.

If you are using Outlook Express for instance, right click on the highlighted text and select 'font'. Then select 'color'

To set HTML, use Tools - Options - Send tab.
    Under Mail Sending Format, choose HTML.

Beware though, its not a good idea to use HTML for everything. Businesses often block HTML. HTML requires far more data to be sent that plain text as well.

3. buf

buf Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply. I neglected to say that the received email was in my web mail account. Guess that makes a difference because I don't see HTML as an option in web mail. I suppose that I can do what you have suggested when I receive an HTML email in my OE5.5. As a test, I forwarded the email received into my web mail account to my OE but, of course, the email was not hilighted when received into OE.
    BTW, I had HTML ticked in OE to send mail in such a fashion and had the email in question been received in OE to begin with, then I could have done what I wanted to do with the hilighted email, I think.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!