1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

email hosting....help? suggestions?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by TypeSK, Jan 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TypeSK

TypeSK Thread Starter

where's a good place to do email hosting?

i have my site, www.whiteazn.com

but with my web hosting, while the website part of the hosting works great, the email just plain sucks ..... but i dont wanna switch hosts, as ive found for the price im paying that anywhere else, i dont get as much features ....

but with the email, it just sucks ... i dont get emails from certain places and people... i just never get them, they never get to me ... (some are newsletters, some are message board subscriptions, etc) .... and i know they work on their end, and not my end as i signed up for service at www.everyone.net and changed my MX records to point to them, and then i start getting them again ... my hosting company swears there's nothing wrong .... but there is ...

i would go with everyone.net, but my forms on my website dont work .. if i have the forms sent to another email address (like a yahoo account), it works, just not to any email sites related to everyone.net for some reason ... so i cancelled that and got my money back ...

so im looking to get a new domain, www.whiteazn.net for my email ... but where can i get email hosting.... i would like to register it myself (so that its in my name and not the service's name) ... but host it .... i tried www.networksolutions.com but they charge $20 a year for ONE email address plus the price of the domain .... www.register.com is like $30 a year plus domain ......

so anyone have any suggestions on where to go? i was just thinking going to yahoo and sign up for personal email services, but again, i would like to have the domain in my name registered by me so that if i cancel, i get to keep the domain and all ....

any suggestions? i would to keep it under $36/year, and at least 5 email addresses if possible ...

thanks!

2. RandyG

RandyG

Take a look at www.Netfirms.com as they have a very good free service, and their paid service is even better! I've used the free service for 2 websites, and turned them onto a friend of mine that develops sites. he uses them for the paid service.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114040

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice