1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Email inserting old emails while typing, fonts changing, skips from align left to cen

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Muffin777, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Muffin777

Muffin777 Thread Starter

A few months ago I began having problems when typing emails in Outlook Express. Font changes in the middle of a word, paragraphs from some old email suddenly insert themselves into the new email, it will skip from aligned left to aligned center, what I have typed will suddenly disappear, or I will suddenly be typing in the Subject line of the email or typing in a saved email, address book suddenly pops up, etc etc.
    I bought a new keyboard and mouse and that did not help.
    The computer Tech/Repair man first ran several different types of scans looking for a virus, etc and found nothing so wiped my computer clean, installed everything back on it, including saved emails, documents, pictures, everything. A day later it started again.
    Computer tech switched me to Outlook from Outlook Express. Same thing. I have Microsoft office 2003. I bought still another new keyboard and mouse.
    It started all over again.
    So I bought a new computer with another new keyboard and mouse and he installed everything on it. A day later it started again on the new computer. He took it back, wiped it clean and did not put any saved emails, documents, pictures, bookmarks, etc back on it. It is just as bad as ever. I have Windows XP on both computers. And the Microsoft Office 2003 reinstalled on the new one. I use Firefox. I shut my computer off at night. In the morning it is fine when I first turn it back on but gets progressively worse so that by night time, a person simply cannot type a simple email or reply to an email.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Is this a wireless keyboard and mouse? If so have you ever tried a wired KB & Mouse? Did any of these strange occurances happen while the tech was working on it outside of your home?

3. Muffin777

Muffin777 Thread Starter

All 3 new keyboards are wired. 2 new mouse are wired and one is wireless.

4. Muffin777

Muffin777 Thread Starter

Sorry, I didn't answer the second part of your question. No, neither computer acted up at the techs place. But he didn't sit there hour after hour typing like me either. He typed some test emails to see what would happen but not all day long. It gets progressively worse as the day goes on depending how many times you use it.
    He uses Telus, I use Xplornet for the Internet.
    One more thing, I have a backup battery which the computer is plugged into which would not have been plugged into at his place. The battery is only about a year old.
    I also would have plugged my HP printer in here when getting it back and he would not have had the printer plugged in at his place. I uninstalled the printer one night and unplugged it from the computer. Next morning before reinstalling the printer, the emails went crazy. Thanks for helping. Muffin777

5. Rockn

Rockn

If it is happening with the new computer as well you should start a process of elimination. Are there any peripherals connected to this computer that were connected to the old computer, anything USB or wireless/bluetooth? If there are remove or unplug them from the computer. Is this computer using a wireless or wired connection to the internet? If it is wireless try disabling the wireless and run a cat5 cable directly to your router. Is there any unusual software that you use aside from the productivity apps?

6. Muffin777

Muffin777 Thread Starter

Rockn, I am pretty good but not that good about understanding technical talk. So here goes. Just a printer. No USB devices, no blue tooth, etc. The cable comes from the dish on the roof, down the outside wall, through the wall and hooks up to my computer.
    The only time I had a router is when I was having trouble replying to ads on one website a few months ago so bought a Laptop. Then I could reply to ads on that website with the laptop. Perhaps that was just the beginning because after I bought the Laptop is when the severe problems with typing emails started. No virus were found on the Laptop either, so it was wiped clean and it, the router and its mouse are sold.
    Wiping my old computer clean restored my ability to answer ads on that website. Same with the new computer.
    Today has gone fine without any problems? But I suspect that is because the "Evil Little Person" living in my computer knows I am asking for help???
    I keep thinking, my HP printer was uninstalled and reinstalled everytime I got my old computer back and then every time I got my new computer back. Remember when I said the night before yesterday, I uninstalled it and unplugged it from the back of my computer for the night. While it was uninstalled, I began using the computer yesterday and the email went crazy anyway. But I had to install it again in order to print documents. Now I am talking with you, I realize that I do not remember any errors last night either except for ones that could have been my fault. Such as typing in someone elses Blog, what I was typing would disappear and a new window to begin again would pop up. I thought that was an error I had done somehow??? Maybe not???
    Could something to do with the printer have been fixed just by the way I plugged it back into the computer or by something working correct this time when using the disc to reinstall it???

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024983

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice