1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Email issue, Server Error: 0x800CCC90 Windows Live Mail Erro

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by JKMack, Apr 10, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. JKMack

JKMack Thread Starter

I have 2 email addresses, one through a company server, and the other a regular ISP account. Using Windows live mail 2012.

-The company email address I can not receive message, but I can send.
    -The ISP email address seems to work fine although it seems like I am getting
    less emails especially spam type stuff, or anything auto generated.

The servers, ports, password is all accurate. I first had this problem 3 weeks ago, online forum suggested to disable anti virus suite, so I did McAfee I uninstalled it.
    So Windows Defender is running now, Windows 10. If I disable Defender it does not solve the problem.

Anyway the problem has resurfaced again. Same problem logging onto Webmail, the one account does not receive. I loaded eM Client (in case it was a live mail problem) same issue.

When I refresh for mail on the company email account I am prompted to enter my password, so I do that and hit ok, it keeps bouncing back. Says unable to send or receive password is incorrect (I can send though)
    The error message is
    Server Error: 0x800CCC90
    Server responseā€ ERR log in failed
    then list the server name
    Windows Live Mail Error 0x800CCC92
    Protocol POP3
    Port 110
    Secure (SSL) No

Any help is appreciated.

Also when I set up eM Client it automatically attempted multiple port possibilities.

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

3. JKMack

JKMack Thread Starter

None,
    7. Click Repair all Windows Essentials programs.

Already did that. One thing else I tried was system restore point to before the issue occurred. Computer goes through the process but when it starts back up it says the restore was not successful. Is it related no idea. Virus scans seem to indicate no issues.

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Are these accounts set up using POP or IMAP type?

Live mail is a really old program.

5. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

On some setups you can get a System Restore to work by simply starting it from within Safe Mode.

6. JKMack

JKMack Thread Starter

POP for live mail, and I think eM Client is IMAP? I have moved inboxes folders from live mail to eM Client so when I get this fixed I can use it and discontinue live mail. BTW after I uninstalled McAffe suite, email started working fine for about a week.

7. JKMack

JKMack Thread Starter

I am going to try later. Have to run out be back in a few hours. Thanks all.

8. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Make sure to ping the email server(s) to make sure it/they are up first.

9. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    "Same problem logging onto Webmail, the one account does not receive"

What do you mean by this? To me Webmail is logging into an email account online (website).

One thing that struck me is that if i am right the company email is on POP with 110 and no SSL? That shouldn't be like this in this day and age. It should be 993 and SSL on.

The errors that you have given shows connection to the server and/or incorrect credentials. I suspect the ports are meant to be 993/SSL.

When you uninstalled McAfee, did you use a removal tool? sometimes there are remenants of McAfee that will still cause issues.

10. JKMack

JKMack Thread Starter

Yes webmail is the website of the ISP. I tried SSL on and it generated 995, did not work. I have clear text auth box checked also, always like that.

With McAfee I did a regular uninstall. I did find one last remaining McAfee item called true key and uninstalled a few minutes ago.

In safe mode with networking live mail would not open, message that it could be installed not correctly of something about checking disc space.

11. JKMack

JKMack Thread Starter

Did it no red flags

12. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I'm sorry, 993 is for IMAP not POP. POP is 995.

So to make sure I understand this:

You are getting an error that one shows incorrect username/password; another is not connecting to server for receiving mail, but can send mail.

When you log into webmail, you get the same issue
    Q: is 'webmail' the same email account with the issue, or another email system that you are using to access the affected account? i.e. you have a gmail account and adding the company email account in there to view the emails.

More info:
    Make sure you delete the username and password information and retype it.
    Since you are having issues with a company email account, does the company have its own email web portal? If so, is it through Office365, G-Mail, Outlook.com, or their own?
    Since you are having issues with a company email account, have you spoken to them about this account and why the message is saying your username/password is correct?
    Make sure the username is correct... some may need the full email account, some just the first part (before the @)

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225645

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice