1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

email links

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by aidee12, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aidee12

aidee12 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I am using 'Incredimail' for my emails.
    When I am sent a 'link' in any email, nothing happens when I click on it, except that it gets surrounded by a'dotted' line.
    I am using Windows Home OS.
    :( aidee12

2. TheRobatron

TheRobatron

It may be due to the settings in your mail client, or that a link is not actually contained in the email. If it is sent in plaintext format, sometimes the client will add in the link for you (but not always) - have a look in the settings (though you may not be able to make links clickable). If it is sent in HTML format, the link willl probably be contained in the email, but the client may be blocking it for security reasons.
    HTH

3. aidee12

aidee12 Thread Starter

Hi & thanks for your reply,
    It does not even work on your link.Nothing but surrounding the link with a dotted blue line.
    ~aidee12

4. TheRobatron

TheRobatron

Have you looked in the options? There may not actually be an option to click links (though that's unlikely if it's surrounded by a dotted line. Sometimes programs require you to ctrl-click or shift-click in order to follow links.

I have just installed Incredimail and the links work fine for me, so I don't know what to suggest really.

5. aidee12

aidee12 Thread Starter

Hi & thanks again,
    I have gone over everything again with no joy.
    Do you think it could be an error in my issue of the programme? I feel I should un-install, then re-install it. What do you think?
    Thanks again,
    A

6. TheRobatron

TheRobatron

Yeah, re-install it and see if it works then. If the links work for me after a new install, they should work for you.

7. aidee12

aidee12 Thread Starter

Hi,
    Tried first to repair installation - no joy, then tried to uninstall usin the 'control panel'. but was not permitted, so I tried to delete the programme in Explorer - again no go.
    I then reinstalled, then tried your link.
    Still no joy. :confused:

8. TheRobatron

TheRobatron

You can uninstall by going start>programs>Incredimail (The folder, not the shortcut on its own)>uninstall

I'm still trying to get Firefox back to the way it was before I installed it though - I really would recommend a different mail client. As a rule I'm not impressed at all with programs that try to change the settings on your computer to fit around or relate to it.

If you still can't get it working after completely uninstalling then reinstalling it, I don't think there's anything else you can do. You'll either have to live with it or get a better email client.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758164

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice