1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Email Macro upon Click

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Xinfester, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xinfester

Xinfester Thread Starter

Hi,

I am trying to find (I really can't figure out how to do this myself...) a macro that, upon clicking on a button, will send an email to a specific mailbox (always the same).

Now's the trick.

I want the email to include the information of some rows based on the value of one cell in the row.
    Also, i would like the macro to send a different email for each entries AND one for all the rows (this one is going to a different email which still would be always the same thought)

So, to be more precise, Let's say I add new files to my sheet and some of them need follow up by an employee. I will fill the sheet and put a "Yes" tag on the last column on the row for each file needing follow up. Now, when i press the button, an email will be sent to the employee for each "Yes" saying : "This file requires your follow up : [File information] " and another email will be sent to the manager saying "These new files have been received today and requires your attention : [File 1, File 2, ... ]".

The macro should then change the status of the last column to something like : Email sent, so that it doesn't trigger the email again, But that... i can figure it out by myself... pretty much all my knowledge right there :)

Thanks a lot for your help !

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Hi, welcome to the forum.
    I suggest you do a search, there are quite a few posts with the similar questions asked and answered, with the solution.
    We can always help from there

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141911

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice