1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

EMAIL MUSIC Files

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by njgirlonline, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. njgirlonline

njgirlonline Thread Starter

I recently received an email with music files attached. To play them you click the song and an internet website opens to play them.

Is there a way to save this email music to my music libray and burn them to a CD? When I look at the file properties it says HTML document. How do I convert them to music files, if possible.

2. Moby

Moby

You haven't been sent the music files themselves, you've been sent links to the songs which live on a website somewhere. Do you have to click on another link on the web page to get them to play or does it start up automatically? If you are allowed to save the songs then right clicking the link that plays the song, 'save target as' may allow you to download it. The songs may not be available for download though.
    Post the link to the song here if you want so we can have a look.

3. njgirlonline

4. Moby

Moby

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The music is only "streamed" to your PC. It's not downloaded in the normal sense.

Visiting the site you can select the songs to listen to, but as they are copyright they have removed the ability to dowload them.

They clearly state this on their website.

While there may be technical ways around this, the forum rules prevent discussion of how to steal such copyright files.

6. njgirlonline

Thank you

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/476254

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice