1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Email Not Deleting

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Joanmurphy, May 20, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Joanmurphy

Joanmurphy Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have been have this issue a lot lately. I cannot delete the emails from my list of emails I have received and when I open the email, I cannot delete the email from the website. It will highlight the delete in the website but will not allow me to delete. It will not highlight the delete option when I try to delete it from the seveal emails I receive daily.
    Please help! By the way, I have rebooted my computer several times and it still has not fixed the issue!
    Thank You,
    Joanie

2. jmatt

jmatt

What website?

3. Joanmurphy

The website where the email came from originally. For example, Kohls, I can't delete by clicking a checkmark in front of the email I received so I open the email. When I'm in the website the email came from, the delete button will be highlighted, as to me being able to delete it but, it won't delete.

4. Joanmurphy

Also, I am able to delete my emails from my cell phone just not on my computer.

5. jmatt

jmatt

This is a website example.
    https://mail.google.com/
    With your computer, are you using an email client?
    Outlook, Thunderbird are examples.

6. Joanmurphy

Yahoo.com

7. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Hold the mouse over an email you want to delete on yahoo.com
    You'll see 3 icons: a magnifying glass, a trash can and a star. Click on the trash can and the email should disappear. It might take a few seconds. yahoo is not fast.

8. Joanmurphy

Ok, I did what you told me to do and nothing comes up. When I click on the mouse while holding over an email, the left click gives me the options to open, save, view in another way etc. The right click of the mouse opens the email so its not working.

9. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    You don't click on an email, you hover over it to see the 3 icons.
    Yinbox.jpg

The 7th item in this inbox, shows the 3 icons.
    Left click on the middle icon - the trashcan.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227427

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice