Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

email notification - need server info

4K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Deke40 
#1 ·
Windows 98 - Juno - Internet Explorer 5.0

I am trying to configure a program called new mail which when I dial up using Internet Explorer notifies me of incoming mail while online. I need to input the server address for my mail but unsure what it is or where to find it. The only thing I found Internet options>connections>settings>properties>server types was Juno: Juno Online Services PPP - this didn’t work,can anyone help

#2 ·
I think this mail notifier will work only with POP3 accounts. If you use some web-based mail like hotmail, yahoo, etc., then you may need to use their respective Instant Messengers for new mail notifications.

If it is a POP3 account and you are using Outlook Express, here's how you can find your servers.

Go to Tools > Accounts. Click on the Mail tab. Select the account and click om properties. There click on the Servers tab. There you will see the POP3 and SMTP servers. I think for this mail notifier, you need to put in the POP3 server. Note it down exactly as it appears and type it in your mail notifier.

Hope I have understood your question correctly.

If you are using some other mail software, post here with which one it is and what is the version.

#3 ·
I use Juno’s email version 4.0 - I received this message today after going thru Juno’s online tech support - To prevent the transmission of spam, Juno's POP3 and SMTP mail server addresses are not available. Also note that such an attempt is considered violation of our Terms of Service and is grounds for termination of the Juno account. – I was unaware this information was so guarded so I guess that pretty much ends that. Thank you for your time and input on this matter abvavguser

#5 ·
I don't know how you ended up at a log in page unless there is something on your computer that redirects you cos you are a juno user but when I click on the link i get a page with this info

Outgoing mail(SMTP) Server: smtp.juno.com
Incoming mail(POP3) Server: pop.juno.com
E-mail address: memberid@juno.com
Username: Your Juno Member ID
Password: Your Juno password
Maximum E-mail size (including attachments): 6.5 MB for Platinum members
4 MB for Free users
Individual E-mail Box Size: 10 MB for Platinum members
5 MB for Free users

Derek

#7 ·
This is not on subject but look at this image and see if you get the same gismo down in the right bottom corner when you click on the first image I posted. I clicked on the gismo and the picture enlarged and became clear.(You have to place your cursor on the image for it to come up)

I wonder if this is something TG does on large images? I am going to repost the image at a smaller size and see if it works then.

Attachments

#10 ·
JTERRY said ...
I use Juno’s email version 4.0 - I received this message today after going thru Juno’s online tech support - To prevent the transmission of spam, Juno's POP3 and SMTP mail server addresses are not available. Also note that such an attempt is considered violation of our Terms of Service and is grounds for termination of the Juno account.
I am from Mumbai, India and don't know much about Juno. But what sort of an ISP is this that prohibits users from knowing POP3 and SMTP servers? Then I think you have to remain stuck to its software to check and send mails. :confused: Is it some free or extremely cocessional service?

#11 ·
Deke

that little box with 4 arrows is a IE 6 improvement to resize images

If it's turned on it automatically reduces images in size to fit on the page and you can use the little tool at the bottom to make them bigger again

to use or not use it go to tools/internet options/ advanced.. scroll down to multimedia and tick or untick use automatic image resizing, I turn it off cos it's annoying

Derek

#12 ·
Thanks Derek-It is now disabled. I had figured out the only way was to repost my images but didn't know why.

IE6 came with my RR installation package. I am glad it did as I probably wouldn't have went to it. Seems to be a lot more stable with less page faults and error messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.