1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Email on Android

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by rickshaw, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rickshaw

rickshaw Thread Starter

I am trying to set up my [email protected] account on my android phone, no matter what i change the settings to it refuses to connect to the server. My university cannot help me because apparently because its hosted by windows they are all different so i need to contact them but they are just as useless.
    All it is is a simple email sync, it just seems to be the domain or server name that it doesn't like.
    Please help.

2. mvirata

mvirata

Can you connect to your university using Outlook Over the Web? Plugging in those settings in the Corporate Sync should work. You could also try the trial version of Touchdown for Android.

3. rickshaw

rickshaw Thread Starter

I currently run it on the outlook web app, but thats how you access it normally as its an alumni account, i just need to know what details to enter in the setup process on android.

4. rickshaw

rickshaw Thread Starter

I have found the pop server details but it still cant authenticate and doesn't accept my username and password, i know the password is correct and im assuming the username is my email excluding the @...net bit

5. mvirata

mvirata

If you use the Corporate Sync, you use your OWA settings. So essentially if you can get to OWA, you can get it to work on the Android since it uses those settings.

If your using pop then I don't why it couldn't connect unless they disabled it.

6. lamnabhi

lamnabhi

use your OWA settings

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/981263

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice