1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

email photos, pics, etc...

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Chrisco9, Oct 3, 2008.

Mark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chrisco9

Chrisco9 Guest Thread Starter

I have at least 2 of my friends/family members who cannot seem to view any of the pics I forward to them through email, they get the words but the pics are white boxes with little red X's in them....but many others I email are able to view everything I send them or forward to them. I don't know what to tell them except to check their "Internet Options" tab and check to see what the security settings are on, and that maybe their spam filters are set too high. Is there something else causing this?

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

find out what email program they are using, I know in outlook Express 6 there is a security option that will block pictures.

Tools>options>security tab>uncheck "block images....."

3. Chrisco9

email program?....do you mean what browser? I think they are using IE, I know one is, and bellsouth.net as his ISP.

4. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

well you may be sending via a web mail through your browser, but that doesn't mean they are receiving it that way?

5. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

your making me scratch my head, sending/receiving emails with an "Email program" is the normal way, not sure why that seems odd to you?

6. Chrisco9

ok, I will ask them if they are using Outlook, or IE to open their mail with, they are not too pc savy and I ain't much better myself, heh! but I will try to help them to solve their problem. Thanks for your advice.

7. Chrisco9

I have never liked Outlook, don't use it. I use IE browser go to bellsouth.net website, where I have email box, write the letter then send it, if that's an email program then I'm cool with that, I'm just trying to learn to speak the language.

8. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

ok I see where your coming from, that is what I was thinking...your english is good by the way...your way of getting mail is essentially just called web mail...using the browser, it can be hotmail type email or via your ISP....all I was saying is that the people you are sending to, may be using a program like Outlook express 6 (not the same as Microsoft Office Outlook)...

OE6 has that security option so unless you are the only one they CAN'T view pictures from, then they should check their settings if they want to see your pictures.. I can't think of any other reason because I have experienced the OE6 security issue with people in the past so that is my guess...

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755826

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice