email pics in diff form can't open

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

carl nyberg

I get this little box in left hand corner with a sguare with a x in it and a JPG or a GIF that I cannot open.How are they sent and why can't I open them. I have Quick View Plus and the regular files. I right click on them and get save picture as ,select all and copy. What is the drill?????

Take a look at IrfanView; www.irfanview.com

It's a free viewer that can handle all sorts of image files and, if you d/l it, I think the default settings will automatically 'associate' it with all the usual graphics formats like jpg, gif and bmp so that they open automatically in IrfanView when they're clicked. Can't be 100% sure because its been a long time since I got my copy!!

Alternatively, there is a method by which you can 'associate' certain file types with an existing program on your computer by using Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I'm not clear enough on the exact method to post it and I wouldn't want to mislead you or screw up your comp.

I'm sure someone who knows the exact method will be along soon.

Are these pics in the message body? Are the ones you can't see from one person in particular? Can you see the pics in other e-mails? If it's the same or one person maybe the show pictures in messages setting isn't on on thier computer.
Fill us in with some more details and we'll try and help.

I guess you use Outlook Express.

Outlook Express and Internet Explorer share the same settings. You can open Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Options > Advanced. There go to Multimedia and ensure that a tick mark is placed next to show images.

Hope this works.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online