Email problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Quirkie

Hi,
I have Windows XP for my operating system.

I am having problems with my hotmail. I get a messege saying "Done but with Errrors" or just "error on page." I can go to my inbox but I can't open messenges or delete them or go to new and send any. :confused:

Help is appreciated

Thank you
Quirkie

Ent

Josiah
Retired Trusted Advisor
What web browser are you using?

Ent

Josiah
Retired Trusted Advisor
Try clearing out your browser cache.

* Press Alt and Click Tools
* Click "Delete Browsing History"
* Ensure that Temporary Internet Files is checked.
* To avoid losing anything you might want to keep, uncheck everything else for the moment.
* Click Delete

In addition, check whether Internet Explorer is using Compatibility mode.
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2008/08/27/introducing-compatibility-view.aspx
I'd hope that hotmail wouldn't require it, but you may have accidentally turned it on.

If that doesn't work, I'll ask someone with XP to take a look.

Quirkie

Ok, I tried that but didn't help. I think it may have something to do with my Live Windows Messenger. I was able a few times to open some emails, but I noticed when I can the Messenger is open in my hotmail when it is still loading to open it's really slow and I can't do anything with my emails. I do have Messenger opened when I start up my computer. I wonder if there is some setting for Live Windows Messenger?

Ent

Josiah
Retired Trusted Advisor
Have you tried closing Messenger?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online