1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

email problem?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by zip316, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zip316

zip316 Thread Starter

hi everyone,i need to know is it possible to get your email back after someone accidently deletes it?this happened to me yesterday and now i cant get to my yahoo mail.any help is appreciated. thanks

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If you delete mail from the Inbox folder in Outlook Express, it stays in the Deleted folder until it's deleted from there also. I'm not familiar with how Yahoo mail is set up. If it's been deleted from all folders though, it's gone forever. :(

3. zip316

zip316 Thread Starter

hi thank for the reply,i think i worded my problem wrong.what i meant is that my yahoo mail is deleted,not just the email but everything,now when i click on yahoo i get invalid password and your account has been deleted.is there any way to reopen my account without losing all the things i had in it.?thanks

4. 911

5. zip316

zip316 Thread Starter

thanks for your reply 911.i figure my yahoo account cant be closed,because if i go to my other email and send mail to my yahoo addy the mail does not come back as undeliverable ,so it is somewhere out there in cyberspace,i wonder if it is a virus or something?

6. arew264

arew264

THis sounds like it could be identity theft. Make sure you are typing the password in correctly, and if you still can't log in and you know that you didn't change the password, make aure that you don't have any accounts with credit cards linked to them on other websites with the same username and password. However, the fact that you can still send email through yahoo SMTP doesn't mean that your account is still there. Unless you have to use SMTP authentication, anyone can log on to the server with any username and password and send email.

7. zip316

zip316 Thread Starter

thanks, what i meant is i can send email to my yahoo address from my other email account and it says email was successfully delivered.i contacted yahoo security and they will look into this mess.i was trying to type in my name on the yahoo security page and a name i dont know popped up,that is probaly the person that has hacked me .i hope yahoo can get this fixed.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323260

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice