1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

email problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Boze, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Boze

Boze Thread Starter

trebuchet msbluebold italic " I'm running Windows XP, on dial-up: slower than hell. The problem, other than slow uploading pages, games, etc., is my email sending. Ever since uncle bill showed his *** on the home page, and the format change took place, my email has taken many 'sends' to...send. After punching 'send' I get the white page, 'This Page Cannot Be Displayed.' Many times. Tonight it took 16 attempts to finally send the message, only to find the 16, all Cc'd to myself, in my inbox. Needless to say, it's a pain in ne *** to myself, and those I'm mailing. Any and all suggestions welcomed.

many thanks,
    Boze

2. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

clean up your starred(*) words first. then you may get the help you need. also you may want to review the rules on posting in these forums.

3. mike5532g

mike5532g

More info needed

>SP2?
    >Outlook,OE, Thunderbird, etc...
    >Windows Updates recently?
    >Run antivirus and spyware scans

4. Boze

Boze Thread Starter

thank you for correcting me, jd_957. as has been said, by the few, of the many, a correct(ed) person is rarely known to ever make errors again. even abject participles, though (sometimes) warranted, are rarely welcomed, particularly, by the multitudes, of whom i am now an unashamed, and unabashed, convert, and tithe giver. and i shall bow down, to the Giver, and sit not in the seat of the haughty man; nor stand in the way of the angry, and Progressive man. and i shall give thanks, for now, i am corrected.

5. Boze

Boze Thread Starter

i'm running msn outlook, or hotmail. (i use i.e.) i'm also experiencing terrible lag, in every instance. i may wait ten, 20 seconds for a simple link to open. similarly, even without more than 2-3 programs operating, it will take more than is necessary time for a program to open, or begin operation. i'm on dial-up, and assumed it was to a large degree becos' of that. the recent forum change-up, has slowed things to a crawl. and, on sending mail from msn hotmail, i am very often (16 times last night) shown a 'This page cannot be viewed at this time' pop-up, and without a small amt of finagling, i can lose the whole content of the letter, mail, etc. also, further to the stated problems, i often click on 'inbox' or 'junk mail' and find the page empty out, and i cannot get the page to load again. after repeated 'refresh' attempts, i must reboot. this is sometimes helpful. and sometimes good for one look and the problem repeats. no number of 'refresh'attempts will solve this problem. and, rebooting may help, or not. entering yahoo can create other problems, re not connecting to server when a viable connection has just recently been closed. first things first, i guess. unless there is a common reason for all of these malfunctions. many thanks, Boze.

6. mike5532g

mike5532g

A few thing you can try:
    >Delete your temporary internet files. In Internet Explorer>tools>internet options>delete files button. Delete your cookies while your here.
    >flush your dns cache. Start>run>type cmd and click ok.
    Type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter. (Note the space between ipconfig and /flushdns.)

Reboot

If your still having problems, you can try fixing IE. This utility will make it easy: IEFix Utility

7. Boze

Boze Thread Starter

thx, mike5532g. i ran your suggestions. had some luck. ran adaware, no luck. finally installed a transfer of Webroot Spy Sweeper for MSN (tm). not free with the storage $19.95 a yr, but is with microsoft paid monthly. many thanks again,
    Boze

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!