email problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

garys

I am using Microsoft Outlook for email. I have a cable internet connection, and my email is through my website. When I open Outlook I can send and recieve email fine. After it has been open for a while when I try to recieve mail it gives this error message.
Unable to connect to server. Account: gbscomputers.com, Pop3 server, mail.gbscomputers.com, Error number 0x800cce0e

I don't know if this is an Outlook, internet provider, or setup with my sight.

Any ideas?

do you have a firewall on your connection that locks after x minutes (ie zonealarm - http://www.zonelabs.com/ , if not, get it or one of the free ones) - check settings

check your connection settings, make sure any 'hang up' or other boxes aren't checked (yes i know it's cable but doesn't hurt)

ooops, just saw it's Outlook not OE - same thing thought, there's something somewhere that's blocking the signal after a period of time

check your cable modem lights when you try to connect - they should all be green, and the send/receive ones should show activity when downlaoding or trying to

otherwise (shudder) contact your cable provider and see if there's some settings that may be effecting the 'always on' cable

I bet it's just your email server.

When that happens in Netscape you have to also type in your user name and password each time you check for new mail.
It will not go away till they fix things at there end.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online